- SentryPODS® have many capabilities including long range cameras, high-quality, long-range IR, (infrared) night vision cameras, thermal or standard 30x PTZ cameras
- The primary detection capability of the SentryPODS® is video motion detection provided by the SentryPODS® camera which are available in varying degrees of capabilities such as long range, night vision, PTZ, etc. The accuracy and range of these camera options varies, but is considered state-of-the-art.
- Expands the visual reach of mobile units utilizing real-time surveillance and notifications
- Helps alert and protect agents from approaching dangers or threats from any direction
- Coverage can be rapidly relocated or left on station unattended acting as a virtual agent, removing the agents from harm’s way, exponentially increasing foot power
- Well-suited for open terrain deployments (fixed or re-deployable)
- Coverage over very large open terrain areas is possible with motion detection to alert monitoring systems of potential activity, as well as utilizing the virtual fence as perimeter detection, notifying agents of a beach of a particular area or zone
The SentryPODS® LPR model offers you the ability to get capture information at the pace of life! Sentry Pod LPR Features:
- 1080p Resolution
- 8x Optical Zoom
- 50m (165ft) IR Illumination
- Detection range: 20 - 100m (66 - 328ft)
- Clear Recognition at speeds up to 130km/h (81mph) with Edge Analytics (250km/h using server analytics)
- Single Lane Recognition with Edge Analytics (2-lane with server analytics)
- Positional up to 10m (33ft) above and 10m (33ft) away from road
- Built-In License Plate Capture Assistant optimizes video configuration based on mounting height, distance to vehicle, and expected vehicle speed
- Uses 3rd-Party LPR Software: such as Vaxtor's VaxALPR and Rekor Watchman
The key features of the SentryPODS® system is its speed of mobility, deployment and autonomy. While a SentryPODS® unit can serve as a Video capturing endpoint on an existing traditional LTE or Ethernet network, the ability to deploy rapidly and function autonomously is where the greater value of SentryPODS® resides. A wide variety of power and connectivity options are available and can be tailored to the specific mission requirements providing a vast array of deployment options.
Network connectivity can occur with the following options:
- Cell tower coverage, LTE (default)
- Local Wi-Fi; SentryPODS® can serve as a Wi-Fi hotspot to provide internet connectivity to local devices such as a tablets or laptops utilizing digital security certificates to ensure secure transmission of data
- Hard-wire connection (traditional Ethernet LAN/WAN network environment)
- SATCOM service provider
- Point-to-point wireless connection (Cambium Network radios for example, long distance wireless connection)
Power can be sourced from the following:
- Existing AC 110V power (grid or generator)
- Internal batteries (24-48-hours on short term deployments and are hot-swappable as needed)
- Solar power (SentryPODS® standalone unit available or can be connected to existing arrays)
A typical SentryPODS® deployment will occur where there is no existing conventional network, but cell connectivity is available. Quite often, cellular connectivity is more cost effective than building out a remote network. In this scenario, each SentryPODS® unit will have DHS-encrypted secure connectivity using digital security certificates for end-to-end secure connections through the web via multiple cell carrier options with redundant LTE failover between carriers.
SentryPODS® ARE MOBILE
- Can be deployed along remote sections of the border wall using cell coverage and solar power
- While speed and mobility is key, SentryPODS® are most recognized for independent and rapid deployment in austere or autonomous environments without the conventional resources of network connectivity or power
- RIK (Rapid Installation Kits) for expedient installations, either vehicle mounted, flat or cylindrical surfaces or portable tripod mast mounted solutions
- Data can be fed wirelessly/locally (internal wireless LAN) to the vehicle or agent for capture on a local tablet/smart device or sent via cellular link to the web via public WAN connection
- Many other scenarios can be addressed through a combination of the available features and options of SentryPODS®, with emphasis on the fact that the key features can be managed remotely combined with the added ability of real-time management and remote notifications
- SentryPODS® are equipped with a hot-swappable IP68 NEMA power enclosure that provides real-time monitoring for power status as well as remote notifications for power failover or environment changes and temperature or state of input or output terminals.
- Wall mounted units can utilize top-mounted cameras to keep the unit and solar panel behind the protection of the wall
- SentryPODS® are currently deployed across the country in a wide array of institutions, installations and industries. The possible security applications are unlimited.